Future Copyright Animation Competition, 3rd April 2012Darryl Sherborne and myself
The big event was the screening of all the entries for the Future Copyright/London Animation Club animation competition and the awards ceremony for the winners. Our special guest was Oscar nominated animator Kevin Baldwin, who was also one of our judges.
John Fryer Kindly filmed the awards ceremony:
Arvydas Kizevicious also took photographs, which you can see here, and I have put some more up here.
So in the first section we screened all the entries in order of submission, which were:
1. “Grand Theft Folio” by Philip Green
2. “The Shield Maker” by Amer Nazri and Matt Osborne
3. “Mosaic Space Invaders” by Kate Jessop
4. “Mission: Play Griser” by Dexter Pickett
5. “Protect Your Creativity (The Hard Way)” by Rob and Vicky
6. “Strumming Guitar Girl” by David Retamero
7. “R’ndom 4” by by Arvydas Kizevicius
8. “TII” by Una Marzorati
9. “Wounds” by Benjamin Fox
10. “Ideas Change The World” by John Fryer and Sheila Jackson
11. “Nest Eggs” by Adela Pickles
Kevin then announced the winners who were:
First prize: David Retamero for “Strumming Guitar Girl” (winner of £300 and the John Lennon cel)
The four winners (with Stuart Pound standing in for Rob and Vicky) each holding their respective Beatle.
We then screened all the winners again and, at Stuart’s suggestion, all the other entries as well.
For an encore Philip Green then screened more of his hilarious animated sketches, including three in the “Keith” series:
and to finish off Dennis Sisterson showed: